Wednesday 23 March 2016

Construction: Sound Effects

This is an edit of our opening scene with all of our sound effects within it but it hasn't yet got music behind it.

 

Sound Effects

As we forgot to attach the mike into the camera for a scene, I had to import footstep sounds in the clip. I found this problematic; I had to attempt to match each footstep with the movement of the characters. I also faded the non-diegetic 
sound out to portray how they walked past the camera.

I added a ticking alarm clock sound alongside the countdown.  in order to make it more intense. I also managed to match the sound in time to the numbers ticking down.
Once I reviewed our footage, I realised that there was discontinuity regarding sound due to the wind being extremely prominent in one scene but hardly noticeable in the next. To solve this problem I selected the diegetic sound from the windy clip and copy and pasted into the rest of the scene to ensure that it was continuous.

No comments:

Post a Comment